Embolectomy is the surgical remove of emboli which are blocking blood circulation. It is usually involved removal of blood clots. Embolectomy is mostly performed in emergency situation. The embolectomy is a blood, clot, fat, air or other material that is carried through the blood stream. If the surgery is done then person wanted to stay in hospital with 4-7 days. Best treatment for interventional radiologist.
There are various type of Embolectomy is there
- Ballon embolectomy
- An aspiration Embolectomy
Balloon Embolectomy is done by inserting a catheter with a small inflammable balloon attached at the end into the vein and past the clot. The balloon is then inflated and slowly pulled back out the vein removing the clot with radiofrequency ablation.
Anaspiration Embolectomy: is performed by using suction to remove the thrombus of vein.
Risk and complication if not treated:
- Chest pain or discomfort that can see but when you take deep breath or when you cough.
- Rapid pulse
- Coughing up blood
- Breathing problems
Before the Embolectomy is done
- If you are allergic to any medicines is required.
- Small tube inserted into a vein in your hand or arm. This is allowing for medicine to be given directly in to your blood vessels.
- During the procedure you will give medicine of pain during your surgery. Anaesthesia which relaxes your muscles and put you to sleep.
- A blood oxygen level is to monitored by a sensor that is attached to your finger.
- The blood vessel is cut and clot removed.
- A heart monitor will be used to keep track of your heart rate.
After the procedure is done
- Some medicine is given to treat pain.
- Treat or prevent an infection.
- Relax and widen blood vessels and blood flow through them easier.
- Help prevent blood clots
- Control cholesterol levels.